Now Offering Online Solutions
Online Tutoring and SAT/ACT Prep Classes
Did you know in-person tutoring looks much different now than it did before COVID-19? Per CDC and state guidelines, a tutor and student sitting within six feet of each other at the kitchen table discussing trigonometry over a shared book is neither safe nor advisable in today’s COVID world. Since online tutoring has been the safest and most effective option over these past few months, we will continue to offer online tutoring services at this time. In-person tutoring will resume when it is safe to do so.
What are the benefits of online tutoring?
Aside from the peace of mind that you and your family will not be exposed to COVID, online tutoring:
- Provides access to all tutors rather than only those that are geographically close to you, resulting in the most ideal tutor/student match.
- Allows for greater flexibility with shorter, more frequent sessions.
- Enables students to go back and review information as sessions can be recorded.
In response to the transition from classroom to virtual learning, we have created two new roles to support and assist your student.
Our one-on-one services now include the following:
- Teach study skills, time management, and organizational skills
- Develop a personalized study schedule/routine
- Track assigned and submitted homework assignments
- Provide academic support and motivation, especially during virtual learning
- Provide instruction on a specific subject
- Align tutoring sessions with class or homeschool curriculum
- Address gaps in content area from previous years
- Build confidence and improve grades
SAT/ACT Prep Tutor
- Review content for all multiple-choice sections of the SAT (reading, writing, and math)
- Create a personalized SAT/ACT prep plan
- Teach test-taking strategies
- Improve confidence and increase scores
- Assess current strengths, weaknesses, and interests
- Provide challenging lessons that engage students
- Assign additional, project-based assignments to supplement online learning