We strive to support all of your academic needs.
A student’s academic career path is made up of many milestones. We can support you throughout your journey. In addition to subject-based tutoring and SAT/ACT test preparation, we offer a variety of services to help you meet your goals.
- High School Entrance Exams: TJ Test, SSAT, ISEE, HSPT
- SAT II Subject Tests
- College Placement Tests
- Graduate Exams: Praxis and GRE
College Application Services
- Academic Record: Evaluate a student’s strengths and weaknesses and make recommendations to fill the gaps.
- Resume: Create a value-added resume (not just a bullet list of activities).
- College List: Research and then rank the colleges that best match the student’s interests, expectations, strengths, and goals.
- References: Recommend protocol, strategy and best selections for letters of recommendation.
- Streamline: Coordinate efforts with high school guidance offices to ensure that deadlines are met for submitting multiple college document requirements.
- College Essay: Guide topic selection and technique for writing effective college essays.
- Interview: Prepare for the college interview if offered by college.
- Enhance: Submit applications and additional materials to highlight student strengths and enhance chances for admission.
- Support: Offer any other help or advice that you may need.
Seminars / Workshops
Have a group that could benefit from learning strategies to improve study and organizational skills? Or would like help in demystifying the college application process? We can conduct informative seminars/Q&A sessions for parents and/or interactive workshops for students.
We have worked with local high schools, PTO’s, alumni fraternity groups, libraries, and more.
Contact us to learn more about how we can be a resource for your group.
Below are samples of workshops that we have conducted:
What College Bound High School Students Need to Know
- Timeline of what to do during each year of high school
- Important factors in the college admission process
- The college application process
- Debunking myths regarding the SAT and ACT
Understanding College Admissions Testing: SAT, ACT, and Test optional
- Set up and scoring of the SAT vs. ACT
- Timeline for taking the SAT or ACT
- Practice reading, writing, and math techniques
- How to register and send scores
- What does test optional mean? Should I submit SAT/ACT scores if a college is test optional?
The Organized Student
- Study and test taking skills
- Combating test anxiety
- Creating a study schedule
- Setting a HW routine (overcome the HW battle)